Friday, May 17, 2013

FFF - Paper Piecing


Hi guys! It's paper piecing madness for this Farm Fresh Friday over at The Greeting Farm. Obviously that's the challenge for today. This was so much fun. For those who don't know what paper piecing is, it's basically stamping your image on designer paper and cutting the different pieces out of the image and layering them over the image. 

I did a pictorial tutorial for you, but here is my finished card:


So let's begin....

Step 1: Stamp your image on white cardstock.

Step 2: Color any part of the image that you will not be paper piecing. In my case, I just colored her skin.

Step 3: Choose several designer papers and stamp your image.

Step 4: Cut the images out.

Step 5 (Optional): I take a dark colored marker and lightly run the tip over the edges of the paper. This just ensures for a cleaner cut image, I don't like the white core of the paper to show around the edges.

Step 6: Take your favorite adhesive to glue the pieces on to the blank stamped image. Here I used the Xyron sticker maker.

And that is it! The designer papers that I used are from 6x6 papers, this ensures that the pattern on the DP is on a smaller scale so that you can see the design better. I just love her outfit!


This technique can be done with any image. Give it a try and play along with us for this FFF over at the TGF Blog.

GOOD LUCK!!



TGF Stamps (Links Provided):
Rain Snow Shine Set
Delicate Words Die
Other Supplies:
Neenah Solar White Cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, White CS, I Am Roses (Full Bloomed Daisy/Maple Leaves), White Brad, October Afternoon - Fly a Kite/The Thirft Shop, Copics (Skin) E00/E11/E93, Black Archival Ink, Antique Linen Distress Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment