Thursday, March 5, 2015

Enjoy the Little Things


Happy Thursday! Just wanted to pop in and share my favorite card thus far for 2015! This little gem is from The Greeting Farm. It was a freebie digi image sent in their newsletter, so if you are not signed up...what are you waiting for? I printed her out and colored her with Copic Markers. I made a shaker card, because that's what you do when you have a sh*tload of sequins LOL.


I added some Glossy Accents on the starfishes adorning her hair. Also I wanted to try this white dot technique that I've seen other artists' colored images. Love love love the look! You best believe that this will happen again. The leaves and background colors are created with Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays. I wanted lots of shimmer.


So there is my mermaid shaker card. My all time fave so far, if I didn't mention that already. I love the vibrant blues and purples. Confession, I always wanted to be a mermaid, hehehe.

Thanks for stopping by and I do have another card for you tomorrow! Have a fabulous day!

Supplies:
TGF Freebie Mermaid Digi
MFT Hibiscus Die-namics
MFT Tropical Sensations
LSG Sprays (Backgound) - Delphinium Turquoise/Ocean Breeze Blue/Tainted Love Teal
LSG Sprays (Leaves) - Freaky Franken Lime/Luscious Lime
Sweet Stamp Shop - Enjoy Calligraphy
Sequins
Metal Embellishments
Cheese Cloth
Uniball Signo Broad - White Gel Pen
Glossy Accents

Copics
Hair: BG09/BG23/BG49
Skin: E00/E11/BV00
Starfish/Top: Y11/Y17/Y21
Tail: V09/V12/V15/V17



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Jo! The colors and love the way you add the white details. I can see why it's your favorite so far for 2015. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Jo!! The colors are so wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!!! Love the design and colors!
    Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jo! I adore your coloring!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why this is your FAV. It's precious! Love the white pen and all the details that a mermaid would love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo- I love the colors you used on this little mermaid. The blue hair is gorgeous! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete