Tuesday, July 30, 2019

The Greeting Farm - You Mermaid to be Awesome

Hi everyone, this is my last project as July Guest Designer for The Greeting Farm. I had such an amazing time creating again with TGF images. By far this is one of my favorite cards. I used two stamp sets:



I knew I wanted to have a mermaid inside the glass bottle. I chose which images I wanted and colored them all with Copics. This was the first time I ever colored the whole background with markers. Next, I stamped the sentiment on the bottom left corner, I tried not to color the paper too dark. I then fussy cut all the images and started to build the scene. I layered and stacked the only seaweed image in the Little Mermaids stamp set. I wanted it to look lush and full. The base of the background is a wave die. 

Skin: E00/E11/BV00/R81/R20
Pinks: RV04/RV19/RV69
Purples: V12/V15/V17/V09
Greens: YG03/YG67/G14/G43
Yellow: Y13/YR23
Teal: BG13/BG15/BG23/BG49
Sand: E31/E35/E29
Sand Castle: Y13/YR23/E31/E33/E29
Red Coral: R27


The fishes were actually stamped/colored on sticker paper and made it easy to adhere to the card. The final touches were to add some Stickles (Star Dust & Yellow) to a few images. I also used a white gel pen to add freckles to the mermaid.

I'd like to thank Marie and The Greeting Farm for having me as a Guest Designer. Thank you so much for letting me share my creations. 'Til we meet again!

~Jo
July Guest Designer

1 comment: