Monday, July 1, 2013

July IAR Challenge - Featured Flower

Hey guys, I have another post for you today. Here I am sharing my project that I made for the July Challenge over at the I Am Roses Challenge Blog.

Here is the tag I made.

The featured flowers are the new Lilies (LY). Aren't they gorgeous. If you want to win some, head on over to the I Am Roses Challenge Blog for more details on this month's challenge.

I finally gave in and got a Prima Dolls Stamp by Julie Nutting. I also used the coordinating Tag set. On the background of the tag, I sprayed some Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays in the colors Plumeria Pink and Creme Brulee Cream. The image of the girl is colored with my Copics and I paper pieced her entire outfit. One requirement of the challenge is to use vellum, here instead of using designer paper, I used vellum for my doily die. The paper collection I used is from DCWV the Primrose Collection.

I made a cluster of the lilies, added some stamens and used seam binding for the ribbon up top. I had a leaf and mini butterflies punches by Martha Stewart and I used vellum for that also.

At the bottom of the card is another cluster of lilies, stamens and vellum leaves. Underneath it all are some two toned maple leaves. Added some die cuts and pearls to finish off the tag.

This was fun to make and the lilies are to die for! Come join us and enter to win the new Lilies!


I Am Roses Products (Links provided):
ZQL0-3 Pink Soft Green Leaves (Alternated for the Pink/Green Maple Leaves - N/A)
Other Supplies:
DCWV Primrose Collection, Prima Julie Nutting Doll Stamp & Tags, Misc. Pearl Flourish, Copic Markers, Seam Binding, Vellum, Martha Stewart Leaf Punch & Mini Buterflies Punch


  1. Beautiful!! I really enjoy looking at your work. You have an awesome talent. Great job. TFS, Carole