Hello everyone! It's June! Summertime here we come! For this month's I Am Roses Challenge, you are to Alter a FRAME or include one in your project. I wanted to put up this picture of my scrappy friends that took place at my apartment when I first moved in. I had this magnetic board frame in my stash a while now, given to me by my friend Amy. It was time to take it out for this challenge, here is a picture of the original, it also came with magnets.
I first covered the metal sheet with a layer of dictionary paper and some Tim Holtz Tissue paper over that with mod podge. I painted the wood with white acrylic paint then I started the flower layering process. Honestly, this is the most flowers I've used on a project, but it was so worth it!
Here is a close up of the 3 flowers I used and how I layered them together.
R5-15 White Roses
T1-118 Hot Pink Mini Rose Buds
R2-518 Mini Variegated Soft Pink Rose Flowers
Here is a corner of the frame in which I included this cute bicycle die cut from My Creative Time. Above the bike, you can see that I glued larger roses on top of the magnets that this came with. I also had the perfect size flat back pearls for the other magnets. The picture is not permanently adhered to the board, I can change out the picture whenever I want just by removing the magnets on the frame die cut.
R6-595 1" Mixed Pastel
R3-595 3/4" Mixed Pastel
I loved how this turned out. Please don't mind the heart above my friend's face, it's for privacy reasons =). Thank you for taking the time to view my project. You can watch my video here for a closer look. Come join this fun challenge over at the I Am Roses Challenge Blog.
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
This is gorgeous! Perfect choice of flowers!ReplyDelete