Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Mother's Love and When & Where

Happy Wednesday everyone! Here are my projects using the Avocado Arts NEW April Release:



I decided to go real simple with my cards. First one up is using When & Where:


I knew from the start that I wanted to make some kind of border with the arrow. I did two rows and placed a strip of gold striped washi tape. Instead of using black ink, I used navy and colored random arrows with my Copics. I layered some heart acetate die cuts to soften up the look of the card.

Card two features both sets, A Mother's Love and When & Where:


Again I went with a navy ink color, as well as the cardstock used to mat the image. I just love the flowers in this set, along with the words imbedded in the stems. I created a shadow by using a different hue of blue and stamped the same image off to the side for the effect. I wanted to mimic some of the "petals" flowing in the wind, so I used the small heart in the Avocado Type stamp set. The chevron border is from the When & Where set. It doesn't quite fit across the A2 card but it stamps seamlessly when stamped side by side. For the final detail, I used silver flat back pearls in sizes small & large.

Last card, using A Mother's Love:


I love this sentiment! I pulled out all my white toned buttons and started gluing them down. Navy ink used again and I added some faux stitching around the card. Of course how could you not place a teeny tiny button on the "o" in buttons =)

Those are my cards, thank you so much for taking the time to take a look. I hope you enjoy these sets as much as I do.

See you soon!
Jo


Avocado Arts Stamps used:

No comments:

Post a Comment