Saturday, September 3, 2011

Nature Card

How's everyone's start to their Labor Day weekend? It's hot hot hot! I have an I Am Roses card share for you guys today. I was inspired by a card that I saw in the 2011 Stampin' Up catalog (for those who have it, it's on page 182). It was a very simple layout and I badly wanted to cut into my MME Lost and Found Two papers =). The luscious rose in the center is from a Random Mixed Sizes of Classic Brown Tones. The bird image is from a Martha Stewart stamp set that I had gotten in clearance a while back. The white cardstock that the image is stamped on was distressed with Antique Linen and cut with the Stampin' Up! Bigz Top Note Die.

My favorite go to flowers hands down are the Small White Flowers. I paired them with the Small Ivory Crochet Flowers. To complete the spray of flowers on the card, I added Brown/Black Semi Open Rose Buds on each side. The leaves I used were the Pale Green Leaves, in which were sprayed with my Gator Gumbo Olive Starburst from Lindy's Stamp Gang.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend! I hope you are able to sneak in some crafting time in. To see how I put this card together, you can watch the video here. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

I Am Roses Products (links provided):
ZM-827 Random Mixed Sizes Classic Brown
S10-15 Small White Flowers
B0-508 Pale Green Leaves
T30-578 Brown Black Semi Open Rose Buds
ZJC1-153 Small Ivory Crochet Flowers
Other Products:
MME Lost & Found Two - Breeze, White Cardstock, Distress Ink - Antique Linen, Colorbox Chestnut Roan, Lindy's Stamp Gang - Gator Gumbo Olive, SU! Bigz Top Note Die, Cuttlebug

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Card Jo. I love the elegant simplicity of it. TFS and have an Awesome remainder of the Holiday Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jo.The flowers are simply stunning

    ReplyDelete