Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Sweet 6x6 Layout

Hi everyone, I hope that you guys have recuperated from our awesome Stamper's Dream & Friends Blog Hop! I wanted to share this cute 6x6 layout of my hubby & I. I have an empty 6x6 scrapbook album and I thought I should get started on my layouts. So this is one of my many 6x6 pages to come. The papers I used were from Pink Paislee Hometown Summer. The Hometown Summer Border Stickers are the perfect companions to this collection. I used a border pennant sticker from the pack and adhered some pop-dots to give it dimension. On either ends I placed some Kaiser Craft Pearls.

The photo is matted by one of the designer papers. I tried to make it look like a Polaroid picture. I added some lace trim on the side. At the bottom of the matted picture is a cut piece from one of the many border stickers included in the sticker pack.
The images of the boy & girl were cut from one of the designer papers from the pack. I attached them to a piece of a banner flag border sticker and wrapped it around a stick pin. The mini crochet flower embellishment is from my stash. I couldn't keep away from my new favorite, the Ivory Burlap String from May Arts. It seems to find a place on every project that I create =)

The sentiment "You Have a Smile as Sweet as Spring" is from MFT Out on a Limb. I've used this stamp set on a previous card here. So that is my layout and I'm totally motivated to keep on creating 6x6 pages to fill up my album. Sometimes all you need is just one great paper pack and a set of stickers/embellishments from the same collection to give a project a finished look. Okay, so have a great Thursday and thanks for stopping by! 'Til next time!

Stamper's Dream Products used (links provided):
Pink Paislee Hometown Summer 6x6 paper pad
Pink Paislee Hometown Summer Border Stickers
MFT Out on a Limb
May Arts Ivory Burlap String
Kaiser Craft Pearls Bliss
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Other products used:
Lace Trim, crochet flower, stick pin from personal stash

9 comments:

  1. LOVE it! What a sweet LAYOUT Jo! :-) You and hubbs are so cute! Aren't the Pink Paiselee Hometown Summer papers fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you two look so good and cute together!

    super adorable layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so super cute, love the jo and scrubby LAYOUT extravaganza goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable layout Jo! Great pic of you and hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this lo Jo, super cute and the banner I so pretty. The cute couple helps too lol.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layout and the pic of the hubster and you! So cute Jo! I never thought to do a smaller layout! I think I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jo. Love your picture of you and your sweetie. I think your layout is just wonderful. I haven't seen this paper before and it is awesome. I think it is wonderful that your hubby will have his picture taken let alone have it on your blog. Mine hates to have his picture taken and I have to get on him about it from time to time. lol...I guess after 20 years it's allowed right? lol Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute page Jo. Can't wait to see more pages :-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo, your blog is beautiful and so are your cards and projects! I especially love the sentiment on this layout. Very nice altogether!

    ReplyDelete