Monday, September 1, 2014

Shabby Steampunk Top Hat


Hello everyone! It's a September IAR Designer Challenge over at the I Am Roses Challenge Blog today. The theme is Steampunk and the challenge is to include a Butterfly in your project. Soo.....here is my Shabby Steampunk Top Hat!


Most steampunk projects lean toward darker colors but I decided to go a shabby route. I created a top hat from scratch (i'll try and see if I can record a tutorial with the measurements). I used a plain cardstock base and layered papers from Prima. The mini gears are from Tim Holtz, so cute! The butterfly element was white and I sprayed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio in T-bird Turquoise. 

All the flowers are from I Am Roses (White Spray, Pink Curly Roses, S10 Flowers, 1" Roses, Fern Leaves and Skeleton Leaves).


There is a wire coil in the white spray, I stretched it out and created a heart shape. Lastly, I trimmed a clock wood veneer in half and inserted it behind the flowers.

Hope you enjoyed this project. Come join in on the fun and enter to win some fabulous flowers over at the IAR Challenge Blog!

GOOD LUCK!!

I Am Roses Products Used (Links Provided):

2 comments: