Monday, April 6, 2015

Fairy Tea Party


Good afternoon! I finally finished coloring this image from Sweet Pea Stamps - Fairy Tea Party. Let me tell you, this had me scared and it took me a long time to complete. It may not look complicated to some, but I had to take breaks just to figure out how I was going to attack it LOL. The sample colored images definitely helped. I love character images, the simple bobble head ones hahaha. So I wanted to challenge myself and colored this image.

There's a contest using this image that ends April 8th (sorry for the late post) over on the Facebook Group: Passionate Paper Creations. If you haven't joined, don't wait. There are special discounts and awesome contests/giveaways. Lots of color tutorials and inspiration. Click on the picture below.



Here is my finished card. The image is colored with Copic Markers. I kept the overall base simple to compliment the image. I cut the cardstock and image with By DIEzynes Dies - Big Stitched/Pierced Rectangles. Other By DIEzyne Dies are Dotted Wings and Puffy Things and Stitched Flags Two for the sentiment. I accented her with the Wink of Stella Clear pen. Lastly I added tiny roses on the butterflies.


Thank you for taking a look at my card. If ever you are hesitant in choosing intricate images, don't be, you might surprise yourself and realize that it wasn't that difficult. And if all else fails, just paper piece it LOL. Have a great Monday!

Supplies:
Sweet Pea Stamps - Fairy Tea Party
By DIEzynes Dies - Big Stitched/Pierced Rectangles
By DIEzynes Dies - Dotted Wings and Puffy Things
By DIEzynes Dies - Stitched Flags Two
Memento - Tuxedo Black Ink
Wink of Stella - Clear
Pebbles Inc. - Pearlescent Shimmer Chalks

Skin: E00/E11/BV00
Hair/Eyes: BG09/BG23/BG49
Flower/Ribbon/Nails: V09/V12/V15/YG03/YG63/YG67
Wings: V12/YG03/YG63
Lips/Tea Cup/Saucer: R81/R83/R85
Butterfly: YG03/YG63/YG67

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jo! I love teal and purple together. Great job! I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog as well. Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful card. I love the vibrant colors you used on it. I love it, but really could not attempt anything so intricate at least right now.

    ReplyDelete