Friday, March 14, 2014

Arigato & New Recollections 110lb CS Review


Happy Friday everyone! Last minute I wanted to share the card I made today. Also I decided to put a video up of the card/coloring process (**CLICK HERE**). Before I forget, I am trying out a new cardstock. It is Recollections 110lb White Cardstock bought at Michaels Craft Store. I wanted a thicker card base for white cs and for my one layer cards, so I wanted to give this a try. 

Here are my thoughts: It works beautifully with my Copics. Unfortunately it still bleeds through the underside of the image. My go-to Copic paper is the Neenah Solar White Smooth Cardstock, BUT for the price w/40% coupon and a whole ream, I would totally reccommend this Recollections brand. There is a slight texture to the cardstock but not that noticeable. 

The image is the cutest from Sister Stamps - Minako. Even though I am no longer a Guest Designer, I still love creating with their stamps!

Have a wonderful weekend!


Supplies:
Inkadinkado - Asian Influences
Hero Arts - Arigato
Recollections 110lb White CS
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
Versafine Black Onyx Ink
Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen
Pebbles Inc. Pearlescent Shimmers Chalks
Copics
(Skin) E00/E11/BV00 
(Hair) C5/C7/C9/B39
(Outfit) R27/R39/C3/C5/C7


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip, Jo! I'll have to try the recollections cs :) Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous colored image on just plain white can be the most striking card!! I really should do it more often!! This is totally adorable Jo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally enjoying watching all your Copic coloring and technique videos, especially using the adorable Sister Stamps images...and learning so much! Thank you for sharing your amazing talent of selecting just the right colors to blend and shading techniques to make each stamped image look fabulous!.

    ReplyDelete