Friday, August 23, 2013

MyStyleStamps - Hula Girls


Happy Friday! Here is my second project from the MyStyleStamps Aloha Set. I titled this one "Hula Girls". This set only comes with one image of the hula girl, but with a little masking and placement, I have three beautiful girls! You can check out my YouTube video here showing how I accomplished this. 

The images and background are all colored using my Copic markers. It took me a bit to finish this entire image, but I really like how it turned out. The stamp set also comes with another little flower image, which I fussy cut and placed on the card (on the middle girls hair, the hula skirt, and the blonde's wrist).


To make the center image stand out, I colored another stamped image of the hula skirt and popped it up with dimensional pop dots. I also added a second flower on her hair that is also popped up. The flowers and leis are all covered with Yellow Stickles. I kept the card very simple with some matting to keep the image the main focus.

So there you have it. This was fun and I hope you guys try this masking technique using this stamp set. Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
MSS Stamp Set: Aloha
Other Supplies:
Kaiser Craft Devonshire Collection Paper, Kraft CS, Neenah Solar White CS, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Copics (Skin) E00/E11/E93 (Hair) Brunnette - E71/E74/E79 Blonde - YR20/YR21/YR23 Black - C3/C5/C7/C9 (Outfit) E27/E99, YG93/YG95/YG97 (Flowers) YR04/R08 (Background) B00/B0000/0, E31/E33, White Gel Pen, Yellow Stickles, Dimensional Foam Dots


1 comment:

  1. Oh Wow, this is a great Card. Love the Hula Girls and the 3D dimension you gave the Middle Girl. Too Cute!!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    Sweet Hugs,
    Blanca
    http://sweetscrappingwithhoneyb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete