Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Gift for You

Happy Heat Wave Wednesday! It is hot hot hot up in here =) I have a Christmas card for you today brought to you by Stamper's Dream. I have been very good and I used paper from my stash. Woohoo! I distressed the edges with Walnut Stain. I used the dies from Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom Ornaments. They are suppose to be Christmas ornaments but I decided to make a flower instead. I used a circle punched paper as a base and glued individual ornaments with the point sticking out. I then used one of the smaller dies for the center and did the same thing. I adhered them with hot glue. For the center of the "flower" I used a vintage button.
The sentiment "A Gift for You" is from JustRite Christmas Mini Sentiments. I embossed it with white embossing powder on vellum paper. I cut a little ribbon tail at the end and adhered a small pearl. I laid a large piece of crochet trim at the back and some pearl flourishes. So there is my card and I hope you look at your dies at a different way =) All the product links available at Stamper's Dream are listed below. Have a great evening!

Stamper's Dream Products (links provided):
Spellbinders - 2011 Heirloom Ornaments
Spellbinders - Classic Petal Edgeabilities
JustRite - Christmas Mini Sentiments Set
JustRite - Clear Mini Sentiment Stamper
Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Other Products:
MME Festive & Frost 12x12 paper pad, Ivory Cardstock, Vintage Button, Crochet Trim, Pearl Flourish, Vellum, White embossing powder, Adhesive Pearls, 1 1/8" Circle punch, Hot Glue Gun, Cuttlebug

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, love using the ornament dies to make a flower

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I'm dying. I LOVE this card! Colors are fab, and GENIUS idea to use the ornament die to make a flower that's TDF. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY cool how you used the heirloom die to make that flower Jo. SUPER pretty! ❤

    ReplyDelete