Thursday, August 4, 2011

Enter If You Dare

Happy hot Thursday! Welcome August =) Let's get straight to my Stamper's Dream project. Halloween is creeping up on us just around the corner. I made this elegant Halloween card using the JustRite Trick or Treat Borders and Centers Oval. This stamp set comes with four images and I chose this haunted house. The set also comes with four oval borders and I decided on the "wrought iron fence" like pattern. I used my small ovals from Spellbinders to cut and frame the image. All the papers were edged with Black Soot Distress Ink.

The paper that I actually chose to use is not specifically for Halloween, it is the Crate Paper Portrait Collection. I loved the elegant stripes and damask patterns. To add a pop of color, I used this flower bunch that my friend Patti gave me.
The sentiment is from JustRite Tiny Halloween Sentiments. I matted it with black cardstock and popped it up using dimensional foam pop dots. A simple black satin ribbon tied in a bow was used in the front of the card. A strip of the striped paper was added in the inside of the card.

Who ever said Halloween was always suppose to be scary? Why not make it elegant? I did LOL. As always, thank you so much for stopping by. Have a fabulous day!

Stamper's Dream Products (links provided):
Crate Paper - Portrait Collection
JustRite - Trick or Treat
Memento Tuxedo Black
Other Products:
Prima flowers, Black Satin ribbon, Copic Markers, JustRite Halloween Tiny Sentiments, Quickutz Nesting Label, Distress Ink Black Soot, Cuttlebug

1 comment:

  1. So glad you could use the flowers! First time for an elegant Halloween card! Love the mix of colors.

    ReplyDelete